How to diagnose hair loss on your own
“There is a very popular myth: if we lose less than 100-150 hairs, then this is the norm and we can live in peace. However, this is a wrong rule. You need to understand that there are times when this amount of hair is a problem. A person has an average of 100-150 thousand hairs on the scalp. The drop phase lasts 100 days. It must be borne in mind that there are people who grow much less or, conversely, more hair, and this rule will be wrong for them. The norm or pathology is identified in consultation with a specialist trichologist.
Before you go to the doctor, it is worth observing your body. Let's say you used to notice that one amount of hair always fell out a day, but in recent weeks it suddenly increased. This is no longer the norm, but a reason to make an appointment with a trichologist.
You should also carefully study the details of your reflection in the mirror. If you notice that the volume of hair has disappeared, bald patches have appeared (the hairline in the fronto-parietal zone and on the temples is creeping back), you see that the parted part has begun to part in the shape of a "herringbone" or the hair gathered in a ponytail has decreased in girth - that's all it also suggests that something is wrong with the hair and it is worth going to an appointment with a specialist. It is important to understand that the sooner you seek professional help, the fewer procedures and less treatment will be required."
Why does hair actively fall out in spring
“Hair does not immediately react to negative circumstances. As a rule, it takes two to three months from the provoking factor to the onset of hair loss. If we count this period from spring, it turns out that the provoking factor is the beginning of winter. At this time, there are colds, antibiotics, viruses, a drop in immunity, vitamin deficiency. Thus, it all started in late autumn or the first half of winter, and only manifested itself in the spring in the form of hair loss. It is important to note that this can also occur outside of the season.”
How to care for your hair in spring
“There are no special rules here. It is necessary to train yourself to be tested twice a year for vitamins, hormones, micro- and macroelements. Depending on the results, it is worth selecting vitamins and other additional procedures with a specialist. Also, it will not be superfluous to use a suitable shampoo and ampoules that stimulate hair growth. Of the procedures, the restoration care Joico K-PAK is good. From injections - plasma therapy."
About cleansing hair and scalp
“The basic principles of care work here - the shampoo is selected according to the type of scalp. You don't need to believe the Soviet myths that the less often you wash your hair, the less dirty it gets. It depends solely on the type of scalp. You feel and see that it is necessary to wash your hair every day - wash, this is normal.
The shampoo opens the hair scales. Therefore, you should always use a mask or balm to close the scales. It is good that they contain enveloping agents - silk hydrolyzate or keratin. By the way, do not be afraid of him in the compositions of masks or balms. It is keratin that is as close as possible to the physiological protein keratin, of which the hair is composed by 70–80%.
Scrubs for hair loss can be used. In general, this type of product is considered a hygienic norm. It is worth getting in the habit of using the scrub once a week to remove the stratum corneum, which also has a beneficial effect on the general condition of the scalp and hair growth."
About shampoos for hair loss
“In my expert opinion, anti-hair loss shampoos are a marketing ploy. As a rule, not all, but most of them work on this principle: they wash worse, and you get the impression that less hair is falling out. This is not entirely good, because if the hair is already dead, then it will not become alive and it is better to get rid of it."
"Thoughtless and independent prescription of vitamins may not only be ineffective, but even exacerbate health problems."
How to wash, dry, comb
“Hair should always be handled with care. I highly recommend the Tangle Teezer combs. Do not rub your hair with a towel, but blot gently. Do not use curling irons and irons."
Treatments that should not be done for hair loss
“Botox for hair, keratin straightening, lamination. They can lead to breakage of hair even at a distance of two centimeters from the roots."
About folk methods and their inefficiency
“All“grandmother's”recipes with onions, paprika, mustard and other warming ingredients help only for minor problems. They tend to worsen the condition of the hair, cause allergic or contact dermatitis, and worsen hair loss. Also, alternative methods can lead to contamination of the pores of the scalp, since most of the houses have rather weak shampoos. This can again lead to the aggravation of a number of other problems. Using folk recipes, you can miss the most important thing - time. Bald patches may form, which will be much more difficult to treat.
By the way, I want to say a few words about the red pepper tincture. It dilates the blood vessels intensively, and then they also sharply narrow. All this leads to an uneven blood supply to the hair follicle. This is a very serious problem that only makes hair loss worse."
"All types of hair loss are different, there are no universal tips and tricks."
“I try very hard to convey not only to my patients, but to everyone that there are no universal formulas. Let me give you one example. Many girls, having read or heard somewhere, begin to perceive B vitamins as a panacea for any hair problem. However, they overlook the fact that iron deficiency is considered one of the most common causes of hair loss. And this is very important to know, because if you have not been tested and drink or inject B vitamins, which are competitive with iron, in other words, antagonists, then there is a high risk of aggravating the situation with iron deficiency. Thoughtless and independent prescription of vitamins can not only be ineffective, but even exacerbate health problems. Vitamins work only if they are selected solely on the basis of analyzes."
5 important points
1. First of all, you need to determine the reason - to get tested. Hair is not some important organ or system, one might say, it is the "ballast" of the body. Therefore, when the body lacks something, it begins to throw off this "ballast", which is spent on a reduced amount of necessary elements. Therefore, hair is called an indicator of health.
2. All trichology is based on improving blood circulation around the hair follicle. That is, you can do injection procedures that stimulate blood flow, or apply local remedies - special serums and ampoules. But such procedures must be done constantly, only in this case there will be a result.
3. Plasma therapy is my favorite method. Helps with hair loss, improves scalp condition, evens out its pH. Hair that grows back during and after the course of plasma therapy is usually 30% thicker. This also increases the rate of hair growth. But plasma therapy is really effective if a specialist does it correctly. If the doctor uses very small and thin needles, which are usually used for mesotherapy, then you should not expect real results. To be honest, this is my personal professional pain. Due to this negligence of most trichologists, the most effective treatment for hair loss is massively discredited.
4. Lasers - laser helmet or laser combs. American experts are now actively using this method, as research has shown very positive results. But in this case, I still advocate a comprehensive treatment.
5. There are several other really working tools, but all of them are prescribed strictly under the supervision of specialists such as gynecologists and endocrinologists, based on patient analyzes."