The evening of the last June Monday was celebrated by many representatives of the beauty industry with champagne - in honor of the 25th anniversary of the Bobbi Brown brand, its creator gathered editors, influential makeup artists and metropolitan celebrities who are not indifferent to cosmetics, on the roof of the Garage Museum of Contemporary Art in Gorky Park.
So that all those present could properly plunge into the atmosphere of the brand, it was possible to do makeup on the site and chat with Bobby herself in an informal setting.
Bobby Brown © Bobbi Brown Press Office
Before the party, Bobbie Brown told a narrow circle of journalists how the brand began, how she lives now and shared her plans for the future: they include a new book on healthy eating and a makeup collection dedicated to Russia. The latter should be expected next year, by Catholic Christmas.
For those who are eager to find out all the details first-hand, today there will be a public talk with Brown - so urgently register on the brand's Facebook page and come to the fifth floor of TSUM by 19:00.
If the evening is already planned, here are some rules that Bobbie Brown shared with RBC Style yesterday.
- I am against contouring - nobody needs it. Because your face is okay. Do you have cheekbones? It's fine! Round face like most models? It's beautiful too. Also, in real life, contouring looks messy. Another thing is strobing, which only slightly emphasizes facial features, and does not change them.
- People don't need makeup bases. The product we call the Vitamin Enriched Face Base is not really a base - it is more of a good face cream. We named the tool so that it was easier for people to understand how to use it - there has never been anything like it on the market. The formula has SPF 50 and many vitamins, it moisturizes well - why not call it a base? After all, hydration is the best basis for any makeup.
- Never fail just the lower eyelid - your eyes will instantly look tired. If using the liner on the top one, make sure the bottom line is thinner and both of them close at the outer corners of the eyes.
- When masking bruises under the eyes, always apply a moisturizer under the concealer - the skin there quickly dehydrates. Lightly powder the area afterwards - this will fix the makeup well.
- Use bronzer as directed - not to contour, and not to drastically change your complexion. It is needed to give the face a light tan. Don't forget about blush - bronzing powder does not cancel them.