Contrasting chronograph dials with black counters on a light background appeared in the late 1950s. The most famous "pandas" belong to Rolex: the company has been producing Daytona models in this design since 1963. One such chronograph, owned by Hollywood actor and racer Paul Newman, was sold at auction last year, setting a record for the cost of a wristwatch and boosting demand for these models.
The watches turned out to be so in demand that later “mirror” versions appeared, with a black dial and white counters, for example, the new Vacheron Constantin Overseas chronographs.
1. Royal Oak Offshore, Audemars Piguet
2. Mille Miglia 2018 Race Edition, Chopard
3. Navitimer 1, Breitling
4. Superocean Héritage II, Breitling
5. Laureato Chronograph, Girard-Perregaux
6. TimeWalker Manufacture Chronograph, Montblanc
1. Aikon Automatic, Maurice Lacroix
2. Autavia, TAG Heuer
3. Cosmograpg Daytona, Rolex
4. Autavia, TAG Heuer
5. Defy El Primero 21, Zenith
6. Overseas, Vacheron Constantin © Press Services