Made in Italy is not just an inscription, but a whole NO ONE philosophy that was born in the early 1990s. Then Nune Gevorgyan, together with her partners, plunged headlong into an endless search for suppliers, trips to remote Italian cities, where small family manufactories with age-old traditions disappeared from sight. For a quarter of a century of work, the famous embossing has become the key to success for the brand. Today, in NO ONE boutiques, in addition to shoes, you can find bags and accessories, as well as a limited collection released for the anniversary. The capsule line of men's and women's shoes is a separate reason for the brand's founder to be proud. The grand masters of Italian shoe fashion made special models for the company, which created their reputation and popularity in Russia.
- How did the idea of launching NO ONE come about?
- In 1993 we opened the first Baldinini store in GUM, and at first our business was based on working with one brand. At some point, we wanted freedom, the opportunity to exhibit what we want, and at a price that we think is right. So we came up with a multi-brand store. Today we have 70 mono-brand boutiques, 15 multi-brand NO ONE stores throughout Russia and an online store.
- This year your "shoe kingdom" turns 25. How do you celebrate?
- We will celebrate the whole year, this is a very important date for us. There will be various events and plans include the opening of a showroom. One of the festivities has already taken place at the Spiridonov mansion, where our collection NO ONE 25 Venticinque was in the spotlight. Inside, we divided the space into theater zones, with footwear playing the main role. The installation was supplemented with a video projection; the guests liked it very much, including Polina Gagarina, Natalya Osmann, Elena Lyadova and our other friends. Our partners also came to visit: Cesare Kazadei with his family, Gabriella Ballin and designer Roberto Barina, Alberto Guardiani, Luca Rossetti, Mario Moreschi, Jimmy Baldinini and others.
© press service
- Was it difficult to gather everyone for the NO ONE 25 Venticinque anniversary collection?
- You know, I was very touched by the attitude of the partners. They responded with great enthusiasm, came up with new models, argued, laughed, communicated. 14 brands participated - from Casadei and Ballin to Alberto Guardiani, Fratelli Rossetti, Baldinini and Giuseppe Zanotti. Giuseppe sent me four versions of the shoe model, but I said I wanted new shapes. He redrawn and withstood all my requirements. So sandals "flaunt" new lines. By the way, a special logo was invented for the anniversary capsule, this makes each pair collectible.
1 of 8 Giuzeppe Zanotti Sergio Rossi Barracuda (uomo) Fratelli Rossetti a.testoni Principe di Bologna Casadei Pollini
- Can you be called an avid shoe collector?
- I'm trying to collect shoes. It is very difficult to choose your favorite pair. For example, some of the Giuseppe Zanotti models are like a work of art. He sometimes uses semi-precious stones and silver. How not to take such a pair to the collection? I also treasure Casadei boots made of colorful pieces of natural fur. In them I drove the London public crazy, from young to old. I also collect memories. How, for example, can you forget a pile of my aunt's shoes? She was a big lover of shoes, and I often spun in front of the mirror in her boats.
- How do you choose new brands for NO ONE?
- As a rule, I buy the first pair, wear it out, I can walk in it for a week. Convenience and beauty are very important. Two in one, without it anywhere. In the case of brands that are well known, I order samples from the showroom. Trying on, walking around and posting comments. Then I look at the result and decide.
- Can you be called a perfectionist?
- Unfortunately yes. I torture myself and the people around me. If there is a perfectionist like me next to you, consider yourself lucky. Once I came to order new models, carefully examined each pair. I know the assortment of the brand by heart, I see that the small line on the back is of a different color. She showed it. The guys can't figure out which line. Then they noticed and replaced.
- Tell us about your musical and gastronomic evenings.
- The first big event we held about 12 years ago with Igor Butman. Since then, in addition to jazz, we have been organizing opera and gastronomic evenings. Last year, Yoji Tokuyoshi, the Michelin-starred owner of the Tokuyoshi restaurant in Milan, came to visit. The chef put on a real gastronomic show at the Maritozzo restaurant. Very soon we are waiting for Charles Aznavour to visit.
- How is your normal working day?
- Depending on where I am. If in Moscow, I wake up, go to the office, stay there until late. I switch from one question to another, even though I'm tired, but it's fun. I try to create a fun atmosphere in the office.
© press service
- Do you follow social networks?
- Of course, today it is an important part of the business. I mainly use Instagram and like to browse the fashion pages. I follow young designers and friends. I would love to work with Gosha Rubchinskiy, Tigran Avetisyan and Vika Gazinskaya. I would also like to resume work with my longtime friend Igor Chapurin.
- How do you fight fatigue?
- I watch movies, listen to music, walk, if the weather permits. I also love to dance, but, unfortunately, it’s not the age to go to discos. During her school years, she studied dancing, but then she had to leave classes - the teacher moved to America. I wanted to perform professionally, but my mathematician parents thought it was not serious.>