During the days of the self-isolation regime, people are so accustomed to comfortable clothes that they are not ready to give up soft jumpers, sweatpants and crocs even after returning to an active social life. Fashion during a pandemic is no longer a means of self-expression, but a form of self-care. And this is reflected in every possible way on the catwalk: the fabrics become lighter, the silhouette is relaxed, the lines are clean, and the design is simple.
In confirmation of this, the Tagwalk service, which traditionally makes the top of the most talked about shows, things and trends according to the results of fashion weeks, noticed an increase in the popularity of hoodies in the collections of the spring-summer 2021 season by 132.8% compared to the collections of previous seasons, and short, almost home shorts - by 116.3%. In the summer, the most frequently used tags were "T-shirt", "wide leg pants" and "sports", while the designs of the off-season collections shown at the same time tended to be minimal. At the same time, each comfortable item in the runway looks was balanced by an accent accessory. It is they who make such clothes appropriate outside the home and even smart.
The garment, which this year's use is dictated not only by cold weather, but also by protective measures, can be an expressive addition to a baggy coat, oversized jacket or a hoodie dress, as in the Valentino fall-winter collection. Especially if the gloves are made in bright colors - red, yellow, purple or have an interesting decor - in the form of prints, embroidery or stripes.
Valentino, autumn-winter 2020/21
1. Glove.me, 14 900 rubles. (glove.me)
2. Marina Rinaldi, 10 750 rubles. ("Petrovsky passage")
3. MSGM, 28 100 rubles. (farfetch.com)
4. Piero Restelli, 15 127 rubles. ("Cashmere and Silk") © press service
A massive chain is perhaps the most popular item in fashion in 2020. She graced the updated version of last year's bestseller Bottega Veneta - the Pouch bag, appeared as a print on a sweater from the autumn-winter collection of Balmain, replaced the classic leather belt at the Off-White show and lowered the degree of frankness of the neckline at Show No. 21 and Max Mara. However, we suggest the traditional way to wear massive chains: over the collar of a sweater like a necklace or on a bare wrist.
JW Anderson, autumn-winter 2020/21
1. Chanel, 142 600 rubles. (Chanel)
2. Beaded Breakfast, 7990 rubles. (mirstores.ru)
3. Caviar Jewelery, 24,000 rubles. (caviarjewellery.ru)
4. Philippe Audibert, 17 625 rubles. (poisondrop.ru)
Keychains, which are in the collections of almost every global brand and which were previously used mainly as symbolic gifts to colleagues and friends, are becoming full-fledged wardrobe items this season. With Louis Vuitton's signature monogram or in the shape of a lemon with Bottega Veneta intrecciato weaving, they proudly hang from bag handles, jacket pockets and trouser loops, side by side with branded AirPods cases, which have got laces with carabiners and chains.
Fendi, spring-summer 2021
1. Palm Angels, 5600 rubles. (КМ20)
2. Bottega Veneta, 28 150 rubles. (TSUM)
3. Raf Simons, 27,000 rubles. (SVMoscow)
4. Louis Vuitton, 32,000 rubles. (Louis Vuitton) © press service
The belt is no longer an exclusively accompanying element of trousers. He "hugs" dresses, suits, sweaters, raincoats and coats, drawing attention due to the unusual shape, intricate texture or large buckle that has returned to fashion from the 2000s. For more accent, you can hang key rings and small bags on the belt.
Hermès, spring-summer 2021
1. Bottega Veneta, 36,599 rubles. (farfetch.com)
2. Brunello Cucinelli, 52 600 rub. (Brunello Cucinelli)
3. Off-White, 44 800 rubles. (КМ20)
4. Valentino, 28,200 rubles. (TSUM) © press service
Phone case with strap
From the 2000s, not only large buckles returned to us, but also cases for phones with straps, which allowed us to show off a novelty, but most importantly - not to lose it. In 2020, you won't surprise anyone with a fancy device, but you can do it with a funny, bright and limited case. Such are the ones in the collections of Chanel, Prada, Jil Sander and Christian Louboutin - in the form of a leather case with a hole for the camera or a mini-bag that can hold several additional items.
Balenciaga, spring-summer 2021
1. Prada, 29,000 rubles. (Prada)
2. Jil Sander, RUB 48,923 (farfetch.com)
3. Chanel, price on request (Chanel)
4. Christian Louboutin, 81 800 rub. (TSUM) © press service
Office workers who have switched to remote work indefinitely have in vain removed their ties to the back shelf of the closet. Designers have found new uses for them, integrating them into everyday wardrobe: now ties are a pair of sweaters, T-shirts and cardigans. Variants with ironic prints will fit especially harmoniously into the image: for example, in the form of dogs, as in the collection of the Savile Row Company, one of the favorite brands of accessories of the Deputy Chairman of the Security Council Dmitry Medvedev.
MSGM, autumn-winter 2020/21
1. Gucci, 16 600 rubles. (Gucci)
2. Ralph Lauren, 22 250 rubles. (TSUM)
3. Savile Row Company, $ 19 with discount (savilerowco.com)
4. Paul Smith, 11,050 rubles. (Paul Smith)
Bag at the ready
At the shows of the collections of the spring-summer 2021 season, the bag was the main focus of the image. Moreover, in the literal sense of the word: she was located at chest level, and her short, wide arms simultaneously hugged her shoulder and waist. To make the spectacular detail also convenient, you should pay attention to small flat rectangular bags.
Ami, spring-summer 2021
1. Louis Vuitton, 129,000 rubles. (Louis Vuitton)
2. Dior X Rimowa, 168,000 rubles. (TSUM)
3. Loewe Paula's Ibiza, 26 425 rubles. (matchesfashion.com)
4. Burberry, 69,200 rubles. (Aizel) © press service>