In 2009, the Texas House of Representatives and the State Senate passed legislation officially recognizing the Lucchese brand as America's cultural heritage for over a century.
Cossacks are the most obvious reference to western style, but also the most fashionable couple of the season. This fall (and winter as well) they should be worn with literally everything: from trousers, like Isabel Marant, to dresses and fur coats (see the images from the Emporio Armani show). The most interesting, beautiful and fresh combination is the Cossacks in the company of a trouser suit: we recommend taking Altuzarra, Fendi and Isabel Marant shows as an example.
Cossacks, by the way, have undergone major changes and now bear little resemblance to their prototype. Lacquered and minimalistic, with plexiglass heels, painted in all possible colors, in the style of deconstruction - they have retained their previous shape, but they look very modern and even futuristic. Also, do not forget about the various modifications of cowboy boots: chelsea boots, ankle boots, rubber boots and even sneakers in the spirit of a western.
1. Coach, price on request
2. Geox ₽13,990
3. Chloé (Barvikha Luxury Village) ₽71,900
4. MM6 Maison Margiela (Net-a-Porter) £ 480 © press services
The fashion for western-style shoes is clearly seen in men's collections. Boots with slanted Cuban heels and reinforced with metal inserts, cowhide shoes, boots with pointed toes can also rhyme with a good half of the classic wardrobe items. Jeff Goldblum, who can hardly be accused of bad taste, appeared at the opening of the Venice Film Festival in a tuxedo and Kazakh. If such a mix is possible on the red carpet, then in everyday life with trousers or jeans, it is even more acceptable.
1. Premiata ₽44,400
2. Balmain (Farfetch) ₽52,984
3. Alexander McQueen (Tretyakovskiy proezd) ₽73,100
4. Tom Ford (Tretyakovskiy proezd) ₽146,000 © press services
Patch pockets and ornaments
Westerns in a new guise returned to fashion last fall, when Raf Simons' debut collection for Calvin Klein went on sale. It was he who managed to modernize the Cossacks, denim total bow and other "American". One of the key elements of that show was a shirt with large patch pockets in bright colors. In 2018, it is still preserved in the collections of the brand and fits perfectly into the modern context, getting along with the same jeans. In the new season, shirts with large pockets or western ornaments are also adopted by Gucci, No. 21, Chloé and Louis Vuitton.
1. Current Elliott (TSUM) $ 39,950
2. Gucci (Matches Fashion) $ 54,095
3. Brunello Cucinelli (Net-a-Porter) £ 1,110 © press service
1. Junya Watanabe (Matches Fashion) 35 35,645
2. Stella McCartney (Matches Fashion) 19,400
3. CALVIN KLEIN 205W39NYC (TSUM) 49,950 © press services
Things like those of the characters of the series "The World of the Wild West" are dangerous territory, but it is still possible to create a harmonious image and at the same time not resemble a cowboy who happens to be in a modern city. Accessories, shoes and fringed clothing are one such way. Just wear them with more neutral clothing. It's better to forget about Coachella suede jackets for a while: this trend has long outlived its usefulness, but ankle boots, jeans, loose shirts, cashmere coats and textured cardigans with ornaments should definitely be included in your wardrobe.
1. MSGM (TSUM) ₽39,950
2. Longchamp, price on request
3. Etro (Net-a-Porter) £ 1,463
4. KATY PERRY (Rendez-Vous) ₽9,520
5. Polo Ralph Lauren (Kutuzovsky prospect, 31) ₽29 950 © press service
Dries Van Noten, Coach 1941 and Dsquared2, as if in agreement, included in their fall collections loose-fitting shirts with an open collar and thin piping inherent in western style. Haider Ackermann offers the most versatile option: a light blue shirt, loose pants and a pair of pointed boots. In addition to things with piping, we advise you to pay attention to such trifles as metal corners on the collars - of course, such shirts are best worn tucked in.
1. Coach 1941, price on request
2. Dries Van Noten (Mr. Porter) $ 498
3. TAKAHIROMIYASHITA THESOLOIST (Mr. Porter) $ 1.00
4. Wacko Maria (Mr. Porter) $ 34731 © Press Services
The original "dress code" that cowboys dictated in the 19th century hardly included a checkered pattern. He became associated with the Wild West thanks to the cinema and the genre of spaghetti westerns, whose characters often appeared in the frame in shirts and oversized jackets in a large cage. Today, one such detail will not work: it is better to enhance the effect with the help of other things in the American style.
A tartan and tough, chunky denim is always a good choice, and if you choose the right accessories - like a fringed bag or drawstring like in the Dsquared2 show - you can easily hit your target. Just do not overdo it with active details: one catchy and recognizable accent will be enough.
1. Dries Van Noten (TSUM) ₽41,700
2. Saint Laurent (Tretyakovsky proezd) ₽41,850
3. Burberry (Matches Fashion) ₽97,940
4. Bottega Veneta (Tretyakovskiy proezd) ₽123,500 © press service
Men are also better off not being smart - a plaid shirt or a voluminous sheepskin-trimmed bomber jacket, straight jeans, leather boots with a pointed toe and a laconic belt are already quite a self-sufficient combination, which definitely should not be enhanced with a Stetson hat and other recognizable cowboy attributes. Initially, all these things were supposed to carry an exclusively utilitarian function, and the rule applies to our days: take the best from the western style and replay it in your own way.
1. Dolce & Gabbana (Tretyakovsky proezd) ₽42,000
2. Ralph Lauren (Kutuzovskiy prospect, 31) ₽55,250
3. Valentino (Kutuzovskiy prospect, 31) ₽59,950 © press service
Leather and denim items
A more daring solution is an abundance of leather items. Such a combination will look especially beautiful on girls: a short skirt and shirt made of leather, boots in the spirit of Westerns - a great image for informal events.
1. Saint Laurent (Tretyakovskiy proezd) ₽127,000
2. Saint Laurent (Tretyakovskiy proezd) ₽29,550
3. Dries Van Noten (TSUM) ₽27,100
4. Valentino (31 Kutuzovskiy prospect) ₽58,550
5. Yves Salomon, price on request © press service
The combination of jeans and leather is another simple yet effective technique for every day. True, not all things fit here. With jeans, it is better to give preference to models of straight cut, classic colors, with a high waist. Slight abrasions are not prohibited, but should be unobtrusive and not draw all attention to yourself.
1. Strellson ₽10,400
2. Saint Laurent (Tretyakovsky proezd) ₽38,450
3. Bottega Veneta (Tretyakovskiy proezd) ₽38,000
4. Levi's ₽10,500 © press service
A denim total bow will also work great: tuck the shirt into jeans, add a leather belt, and replace your favorite sneakers with the shoes from our first paragraph. Chelsea or derby boots will work too.>