“Dramatic, provocative, looking to the future” - such definitions were given by the experts of the Pantone Color Institute to the ultraviolet shade, which they called the main one in the coming 2018. The color should not be confused with lilac or lilac. Ultraviolet is deeper and has bluer tones. It was this color that was the favorite of the American innovator architect Frank Lloyd Wright, musician Prince and composer Richard Wagner.
- "Water Lilies" by Claude Monet
- "Portrait of Prince" by Angie Jones
- Queen Elizabeth II in a coat of the main color of 2018
- Gucci suit, spring-summer 2018 collection
- Flag of the state of Dominica. It depicts the ultraviolet sisseru parrot, the island's national bird
- Carolina Herrera dress, spring-summer 2018 collection
© saatchiart.com; Amy Sancetta / AP; Chris Radburn / AP; Catwalking / gettyimages.com; Patiwit / istockphoto.com
The American company Pantone developed a standardized color matching system with hundreds of shades and undertones in the middle of the 20th century. And since then, representatives of the fashion, design and publishing industries have not done without their color schemes. As for the color of the year, Pantone began to choose it from the two thousandth. The main ones have already been Greenery, lilac Serenity, pink Rose Quartz and others.
- Guitar musician Prince
- Pendant from the Résonances de Cartier collection
- Grappoli watches, de Grisogono
- Glasses Zecchin, Forzieri
- Hermes Birkin Ultra Violet Bag
- Nidecker Elle snowboard
- Ring from the Résonances de Cartier collection
- Suitcase Rimowa
- Ascaso coffee machine
- Womb Chair & Ottoman designed by Eero Saarinen
© Donald Miralle / gettyimages.com; press service
In 2010, the boutique hotel The Pantone Hotel opened in Brussels. It was designed in the style of the Institute of Color palette by architect Olivier Annard and designer Michel Penneman.